Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Why a Blog?

Everyone has that moment as a kid where they realize this is the job for me. I remember mine. I was being bullied and with the fear rushing through me I decided to draw a caricature of the bully. I drew this large hideous head, big teeth. Suddenly my shoulder partner Emily saw my doodle. I squirmed like a kid with sticky fingers in a candy store. She looked at me and said Wow! Draw me next! I was stunned. That was not the reaction expected. No I'm telling or sinister laugh. At that point I decided I was going to be an artist. This is what it looked like in my head on left but Emily saw something else in it.

I wanted a paying job though and decided in college the best route was photography. My life has had many twists and turns since then and after many years in the business I wanted to share my passion. This blog will share stories, tips and just a bit of humor from my life as a teacher, professional wedding photographer and writer from the midwest.

See samples of images on my facebook or business Web sites. Looking for photography advice? Comment or message me and I'll share a way to reach your goal on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment